OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
The quality of our staff is not just luck. We invest tremendous resources in recruiting and training our staff members, as you are crucial in creating the kind of summer experience that brings campers back year after year. We invest in your future because we know that where there is a happy staff, happy campers will follow. Our staff retention rate speaks volumes about how committed our team members are to camp and how committed we are to them. At Camp Jacobson, campers aren’t the only ones who build memories to last a lifetime!
We are always looking for dedicated staff members who have unique talents and skills to add to our camp family.
Sid Jacobson JCC’s Herricks After School Childcare and Enrichment Program Director
Hours: Monday – Friday, 3-6pm
- Oversee childcare and enrichment program, including 50-60 children per day
- Supervise and train all session staff, including enrichment teachers
- Assist in developing curriculum when necessary
- Communication with parents and families
- Coordination of staff meetings throughout the school year
- Supervision and implementation of all safety and licensing issues as pertinent to our license with the Office of Children and Family Services
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. medical log, attendance sheets) and coordinate paperwork with the assigned staff member at the JCC
- Maintain snack and program materials
- Assist the Director of Youth Services with marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, Education, or other related field required.
- JCC and/or camping experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task.
For more information, contact Lindsay Mauer, Director of Youth Services at email@example.com
For high school seniors:
Part Time Child Care / After School Assistant in Port Washington and Herricks School Districts
Hours: 2:30-6pm with flexible schedule
Seeking child care workers who are talented, fun, outgoing, enthusiastic individuals who are looking for a great experience in our after school off-site programs for children grades K-5. Our staff members are expected to be respectful, responsible, honest, and caring. Our staff works hard to make the after school experience memorable and positive! They must have experience (1 Year+) working with children. References required. Hourly wage. Having worked in after school programming is a plus. For more information, contact Lindsay Mauer, Director of Youth Services at firstname.lastname@example.org